Monday, May 10, 2010

Alice and Wonderland

Ellasyn and I got to spend a lovely Friday night at the dress rehersal for Alice in Wonderland. I had no idea of what to expect that night, all I was told was that call was at 3:00 and that rehersal would go from 4:00-11:00. 11:00 for a 5 year old????

Luckily we were able to leave about 8:30. Ellasyn was loving hanging out with all of the big girls and getting to watch the rehersal. Her favorite was the Cheshire cat because her costume was puwrple(purple) and gween(green) her favorite colors.
I was so proud of Betsey, she and her friend Maddie were the only 5 year olds that got "real" parts. They swapped roles in the matinee and evening shows, Betsey was a swan first and then a mushroom in the evening show.


She liked the swan part a lot better than the mushroom. I think that it may have had something to do with the costume difference. The swan costume was right up her alley with it's feathers and jewels! The mushroom costume not so much! She called it a "dirty t-shirt"!:)

Ellasyn can't wait until she can get back to dance with "her" Miss Jamie. She just sat there taking it all in. I was really impressed because after watching it 2 times at the dress rehersal I was kind of Alice'd out. By the time it got to the evening show on Saturday I wasn't sure I would be able to make it for the 4th time!



Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you Bets! You were FABULOUS and I am glad you had FUN!




No comments: