Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On the way home











We left the beach on Monday morning after Mother's Day, everything got off to a good start. When we had been on I-65 ,which is a MAIN interstate not just through Alabama but other states too, for about 10 minutes I was this HUGE cloud of black smoke and thought oh no what just happened. I said a little prayer hoping that whoever was involved would be ok. Well traffic stopped it just came to a stand still. We were only about 15-20 cars back from where the explosion had taken place. I-65 got shut down and we were on it. It was the strangest thing ever because we were out walking on this MAIN interstate, talking to people and trying to see if we could figure out what to do. So after we saw someone else do this we decided to also turn around through the median of the INTERSTATE and head back to the exit that we had passed a few miles back. We were literally the only car for miles it was really really weird. When we got back to the exit we saw all of the police there and everything blocking the interstate and rerouting traffic. Now the only problem with this is Rusty had to get to the office! So luckily we pulled out the iphone and got some directions! We went through towns I never knew existed, on roads that I never knew existed. I had been having this urge that we needed to move to a real small town and this pretty much cured me of this urge. We also went right by the prison in Atmore, Alabama the one that has been on MSNBC Lockdown. Rusty just about lost it went I got the camera out to take a picture of it. He was cracking up at me. Needless to say it was andventure!

No comments: